I would like to personally thank the exhibitors and dealers that attended this year’s Convention and Expo. Our convention has grown tremendously over the past two years since separating from Louisiana, and I expect that it will continue to do so in the future. We had over 20 exhibitors and over 50 independent dealers attending this year, with over 170 in attendance.
We announced a fundraiser with Make a Wish Mississippi at our luncheon. Make a Wish and a Wish family spoke and showed a very moving video of two Wish families. We are hoping to raise more than $100,000 dollars by October 31, 2016. We will have events at the auctions and an online donation link on our website. I encourage everyone to donate to this worthwhile organization.
New Board of Directors members were sworn in at the convention. Please welcome them as you find time.
- Chairman of the Board, Steven Watkins, Watkins Auto Sales, Jackson MS
- President, Bryan Morris, Long Beach Auto Auction, Long Beach MS
- Vice President (North), D.P. Danna, Selecta Motors, LLC, Indianola MS
- Vice President (Central), Will Etheridge, Net Auto, Richland MS
- Vice President (South), Booby Seal, Jackson Avenue Auto Sales INC, Pascagoula MS
- Treasurer, Thomas Conner, Heritage RV Center, LLC, Southaven MS
- Secretary, Bentley Nolan, Nolan Brothers Motor Sales, Tupelo MS
We have added two vice president positions to the Board so that we have representation for all three regions of the state. We also have nine districts in the state and we will be looking for two board members from each district. We are making these changes to better reflect you the members of this association.